Thursday, March 23, 2017

My Favourite Indian Breakfast!


My husband and I are both very fond of Idlis and dosas. We love to have idlis for breakfast and dosa for dinner. It quick and easy to make these after a long day at work once I have the batter ready. The recipe given below works well for me.

For the batter:
In bowl 1
Idli rice - 4 cups
Flattened rice (aval) - a hand full
 In bowl 2
Urad dhal - 1 cup
Vendhayam (fenugreek) - 1 tsp

soak for a couple of hours and then I grind using Premier Wonder Table Top Wet Grinder . I have been using this grinder for almost a year now. This is really light to handle and very easy to clean .
I highly recommend this grinder.
Once the batter is ready I just  add salt to taste and allow it to rest for a few hours(4-5 hours) before I put it in the fridge.
Fresh home made idlis and dosas, in my opinion, is a class apart and just cant be compared with what you get at restaurants.

Here is a pic of my lovelies <3


No comments:

Post a Comment