Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Tips for Travel





Well, it feels good to be writing after a short while. Now that the holiday season is round the corner, I wanted to write on Travel packing. This is something I really enjoy doing the smart way. By "smart" I mean not just remembering things you want to take on a trip but also not taking a whole lot with you on these trips. So here are the things  while planning your vacation


Make a List
Making a list is  quite essential as it sort of clears your head from remembering all those must haves. While going on a vacation, there are usually two kinds of list that I make depending on where we go. Along with a list of things we need to take for the trip, If its a place that offers things exquisite to the place, then of course I make a list of things I need to buy from that place to bring back with me. This also helps me pack accordingly so that I have space in my suitcase for the things I want to bring back home.

Buying Travel size products

I love this, I do this even when I don't travel and want to try a new product. If I find a hair spray or a perfume Travel size, I grab them! So getting back to the topic, I normally buy Travel size empty round containers for cosmetics and small spray bottles for perfumes and body sprays. These are really handy and you can carry them around in your purses.

What to pack
This is the fun part. Apart from clothes which I prefer to carry light as well, am going to share some essential things here. If you have your stay figured, spend a few minutes by looking at the Hotel's website and see what they provide. Most hotels provide shower gels, soaps, shampoos, conditioners, Hair dryers. This saves some space if you don't have to carry these along with you.  For shoes, If am going to a cold place(considering its winter in most part of the country), I wear the boots(to reduce space in the luggage) and carry a walking/jogging shoes and a pair of sandals. I also carry with me 2 Large plastic bags to bring back used clothes , if its a short trip and if we don't have a free laundry facility. I also make sure I carry phone/ipad/lapotop chargers, portable chargers and car chargers. These are essential since on vacation we are mostly outside and invariably using the GPS. These sums up the essential things I take with me.

Miscellaneous
I have found it extremely useful to carry big empty bottles that you can use to refill water and of course some cereal bars. When on a trip, you tend to misjudge the time you need for a certain spot and you run over your lunch/snack times. You don't want to starve and spoil your enthusiasm while on a vacation, do you? So bananas, cereal bars etc comes in handy. And Yes, Aux cables do come in handy if you have long drives ahead of you during your vacation. Its a good idea to carry, a small pouch with  insect balms/bug spray, medication if any, wet tissues.
For accessories, I love to carry my jewellery organizer or I carry the ones I know I need for sure in the complementary small pouches  I get  from my international travels for this :-) (Reusing at its best)

Finding Hotels:
Here is a small tip in finding hotels for your stay. There are several websites like Hotels.com, Priceline, hotwire etc for getting good deals on Hotels . From my experience, I love priceline   as I always find good deals at the last minute. After 3 pm which is normally the check in time for hotels, there are empty rooms and the hotels want to get rid of the rooms so normally after 3pm you do get very good deals . Especially if you are looking for same day accommodation. Its worked for me and I think its worth giving it a shot.

I hope this helps and comes in handy while planning the  next time around! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment